A twenty-something's journey with braces

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Off-Topic: I finished my novel!

This has nothing to do with braces, but...this morning at about 7:47 am, I finally finished the SFD (for non-writers, that's the Sh!tty First Draft, hehe) of my first novel, One Highland Night.

I started writing in late July of 2006, chunking with no clear idea of the overall story. Now, almost 18 months later, I have 418 pages (111,587 words give-or-take) in 34 chapters and an epilogue.

Rewrites loom on the horizon. Oh, boy, do they loom.

But hey! I finished the first draft, which I think is (more than) half the battle.

Someone asked me what I plan to do now. I'm going to Disney World! Seriously, though... Short answer: sleep. *g* Long answer: I'm taking Thursday and Friday off for a 4-day weekend, I've got a spa appointment on Thursday afternoon, and I've been saving several big gift cards to treat myself to a shopping spree.

Anyway, just thought I'd share the good news.

(The whole grueling journey is chronicled on my writing blog.)

No comments: