A twenty-something's journey with braces

Monday, May 12, 2008

T-minus 3 days

Okay, I'm nowhere near retainer stage yet (I wish!) but I thought that was hilarious enough to post.  Thanks to DH for the pic.
 
I am, however, 3 days away from my next "big" adjustment.  I am hoping for some combination (preferably ALL) of the following outcomes:
  1. New wires.  Okay, I know I got a new wire on the bottom last time, but really that was just moving up to the wire I *should* have started with.  I'm still in Phase 1 wires, and it's been 4 months.  My teeth have been a little squishy lately, but no real discernable movement in the past several weeks.  My lower incisors are still a little more forward on the right, but at least my midline is closer to normal.  I'm ready to get on with it and start the major mechanics.
  2. Lose the turbo.  I've kinda adjusted to having it, by changing my bite and whatnot, but yesterday I scraped my teeth on it while eating and that was like fingernails on a chalkboard...in my mouth.  I'm SO ready to be able to actually chew again, y'all don't even know.
  3. Lose the elastic.  I have the feeling this is less likely to happen than #2.  And I'd be okay with that, but I'd really hoped to avoid elastics until the end phase, and not have to wear them for the better part of 1.5-2 years.  Plus, my canine has pulled back to where it's not directly over the bracket on my lower tooth anymore.  And gaps are starting to open up between all the teeth from the middle to that point.

So, I guess we'll see in a few days.  More pics and an update after Thursday.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments: